The emergency department (ED) at CIHSR comprises a 24×7 facility that provides the following
- • 10 patient beds
- • Minor operation theatre
- • Emergency diagnostics – X-ray, Ultrasound, ECG
- • Defibrillator
- • Ventilator
- • 24×7 pharmacy
- • Training in emergency medicine
The department cares for
- All medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Trauma and orthopaedic emergencies
- Emergency deliveries and
- Gynaecological issues
- Emergencies in children
Staff at ED
- Dr Tsarangpi A Sangtam (Emergency physician – CMC Vellore)
- Dr Krosakhol Pucho (Family Physician)
- Medical officers
- Staff nurses
- Hospital assistants
- Specialty consultants on call.
All the staff at the ED are trained in Basic life support services and the medical staff are trained in ACLS.
The vision of the department is to provide Excellent quality emergency services to our patients and train others to do the same in the region.