General OPD Timing:
The department provides Audiological services such as assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of infants, children, adults and older individuals with hearing disorder.
• Assessment, diagnosis and rehabilitation of individuals with various speech, language and communication disorders such as stammering misarticulation, voice disorders, dysartheria, aphasia, hearing loss, delay in speech and language etc and treatment evaluation of various speech and language disorders.
• Evaluation and treatment of various speech and language disorder:
- Fluency (stammering)
- Voice disorder
- Misarticulation (pronunciation problems)
- Neurogenic speech disorder (dysarthria, cerebral palsy etc.)
- Neurogenic language disorder (aphasia etc.)
• Speech and language therapy for children with hearing loss
• Speech and language therapy for children with various disorders like:
- Intellectual disability
- Syndromes (Downs Syndrome etc.)
• Analog and digital hearing aids available:
- Behind the ear model
- Completely in the canal
- Receiver in the canal
- In the ear
- Pocket level model
• Audiometery, tympanometry, oto acoustic emission (OAE), BERA, hearing aid trail, ear mould impression.
• A Universal newborn hearing screening program – where all the babies born at CIHSR undergo hearing screening. This program aims at early identification and intervention of hearing loss.
• Speech and language therapy services for several speech language and communication disorders.
*BERA – Brain stem evoked response audiometry.
Henwasin Sweety Lorin