General OPD Timing:
The department of dermatology has been functioning since November 2007. The department has made a name in the state and vicinity under the able leadership and mentorship of Dr. Leishiwon Kumrah, the head of department, and assisted by Dr. Sentila Longkumer (Senior Consultant). The other staff in the Department are
1. Miss Alovi – Hospital Assistant Dermatology
2. Miss Pelevinuo – Hospital Assistant Dermatology
3. Miss Kirenla – Hospital Assistant Front Desk
The department caters to both out- patients and in- patients and sees 60 patients on an average per day. A number of dermatological/cosmetic procedures are performed each day under the trained hands of the hospital assistants and expertise of the doctors.
The Department shifted to an aesthetic location on 11th March 2019 with more rooms for the different procedures carried out in the Department. There is also a patient waiting lounge inside the enclosed area for patients to relax and listen to music or view interesting videos while waiting for their turn to have their aesthetic procedures.
The department has been a pioneer in the field of LASER, Botox and dermal fillers within the state, and houses 3 different types of LASERs with the state of the art Fractional CO2 LASER. The department takes keen interest in keeping abreast with the latest updates and has presented Academic papers in various national and international conferences.
The department also routinely participates in providing community dermatological services with the Community Health Department of the Institute.
Besides this activities, the Department is involved in the School Health Education in collaboration with the Community Health Department and the Community Health Nursing Department, College of Nursing(CON), CIHSR.
- Carbon Peel LASER
- Chemical peels
- Fractional CO2 laser for Skin rejuvenation and Scar repair
- CO2 laser
- Comedone Extraction
- Intralesional steroid injections
- Botox injection
- Dermal Filler for
- correction of deep lines / wrinkles
- lip augmentation
- Chin augmentation
- Cryo Therapy
- Vitiligo Surgery (SMASH)
- Skin Biopsies
- Radio frequency Surgery
- Non Ablative Radiofrequency
- Phototherapy (NBUVA/B)
- NdYag Laser for Tattoo removal, treatment of skin pigmentation and Nevus of Ota
- Intense Pulse Light Laser for
- Permanent Reduction of unwanted Hair
- Lightening of skin pigmentation
- Vascular lesions
- Acne treatment
- Skin rejuvenation
- Autoinoculation for treatment of warts
- Microneedling with platelet rich plasma
- Threadlift for wrinkle and sagging of face treatment
- Fractional CO2 laser – one of the latest technologies available in the North East is an advanced laser technique for facial skin rejuvenation. In addition, CO2 laser can be used for removal of benign growths.
- Microneedling with Platelet Rich Plasma – Microneedling is an effective therapy for skin rejuvenation. The approach employs small needles to puncture the skin and stimulate local collagen production in a minimally invasive manner. Recently, clinicians have incorporated the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) with the aim of augmenting cosmetic outcomes. It is popularly called the Vampire Facial.
- Carbon Peel LASER – A carbon peel has minimal-to-zero downtime. A layer of liquid carbon is applied to the skin, where penetrates deep into the pores. Laser light is highly attracted to the carbon particles. When the laser is passed over the area, it destroys the carbon, taking dead skin cells, contaminants and oil with it.
- SURAKSHA (STI) CLINIC
- LEPROSY CLINIC
- ARSH (Adoloscent and Reproductive Sexual Health) CLINIC
- VITILIGO CLINIC
NOTE: These clinics are integrated with the normal OPD Clinics