General OPD Timing:
Did you know?
Physiotherapy department is currently manned by a team of 2 qualified specialist physiotherapists in Orthopedic and Neurology Physiotherapy and offers a wide array of Inpatient and Outpatient services. The Department focuses on rehabilitating people living with Physical, Neurological & Orthopedically impairments, to maintain and restore their maximum independence in mobility and help to achieve functional abilities for day to day activities.
• Orthopedic Rehabilitation Specialty – Rehabilitation following Fracture & Dislocation, Amputation, Arthroplasty of the shoulder, hip, & knee, Arthroscopic ACL & PCL reconstruction, Arthroscopic meniscal repair, Laminectomy & Discectomy, Arthrolysis, Arthrotomy, Arthrodesis, & Osteotomy, Mega prostheses implant, Limb reconstruction, Rotator cuff repair.
• Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation – Back pain with Sciatica, Osteopenia, Osteoarthritis, Infective arthritis, Hemophilic arthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia, ankylosing spondylosis, Prolapsed intervertebral disc (PIVD), Spondylolisthesis, Lumbar canal stenosis, Frozen shoulder, Impingement syndrome, Sprain, Strain, Tendinitis, Fasciitis, Bursitis, Synovitis, Traumatic MO, Peripheral nerve injury and Post-polio residual palsy, Postural deformities such as scoliosis/kyphosis/lordosis.
• Neurological Rehabilitation – Stroke (Hemiplegia), SCI (Paraplegia & Quadriplegia), Head injury (TBI), Parkinson’s Disease, Motor neuron Disease, Multiple sclerosis, Transverse myelitis, Cerebellar ataxia, Peripheral Neuropathy & Facial paralysis.
• Pediatric Rehabilitation – Cerebral Palsy, Delayed Developmental Milestone, Erb’s palsy & Myopathy, CTEV, Torticollis, DDH.
• Burn Rehabilitation – Prevention of Post Burn contractures and Deformities.
• Hand Rehabilitation – Fracture and dislocation of hand, Tendon transfers, Nerve suturing and grafting, Dupuytren’s contracture, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger.
• Pain Management – Pain associated with Neuro Musculo Skeletal disorders and Sports injuries are treated by different kinds of modalities known as Electrotherapy and by various other advanced techniques known as Dry needling, Cupping therapy, IASTM and with the different types of Exercise therapy & Manual therapy approaches.
• Sports Injury Rehabilitation – Treats a range of sports-related injuries and rehabilitates the athlete after an injury or surgery to prevent further injury.
• Ante-Natal and Post-Natal Care for The Mother.
• Ergonomics Education to Prevent Work-Related Injuries.
• Chest physiotherapy as part of critical care in ICUs & High dependency units in the wards.
The physiotherapy unit has various modalities and a well-equipped state-of-the-art exercise therapy unit for all kinds of rehabilitation.
Electrotherapy– Management of Pain caused by Neuro-muscular-skeletal disorders using electrical modalities such as:
- Short wave diathermy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Interferential therapy
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Electronic cervical and lumbar traction
- Infra-red lamp
- Hydro collator moist heat
- Wax therapy
- Motorized treadmill and Body weight supported treadmill training (BWSTT) for patients with Stroke, SCI & CP
- Motorized tilt table
- Stationary bicycle
- Graded Strengthening and Endurance exercises, Mobilization exercise, ROM & Stretching exercise, Mat activities for functional reeducation, Balance board exercise, Gymnasium ball for mobility, balance & strengthening exercises
- Shoulder wheel and overhead pulley for shoulder mobilization exercise
- Standing frame for adults with Stroke, SCI, etc. and children with Cerebral palsy
- Walking (Gait) training in the parallel bar and using walking aids or assistive devices such as crutches, canes, quadrupeds, splints, & Orthoses like KAFO, AFO, and artificial limbs (prostheses)
- Wheelchair skill training
• Domiciliary / Home Based Care – Department visits the homes of patients with a team of Palliative Care Doctors & nurses to consult and educate patients on various architectural modifications and adaptations required to make their houses disabled-friendly. Provides psychological support and helps in preventing complications associated with life-limiting illnesses and remains as independent as possible to optimize & maintain quality of life.
• Community Physiotherapy – Visits community with the team of Community Medicine Doctors, Nurses, and Social workers to identify physical problems and provide early rehabilitative measures & interventions accordingly.
• Wheelchair Service Delivery – Wheelchair training on transfer and mobility on different types of terrains is provided and trained for children and adult persons requiring wheelchairs and tricycles.
• Physiotherapy Observership & Internship Programme – BPT 4th year students passed out from the recognized universities & institutions as regular candidates are eligible to apply for the 6-month compulsory rotatory Internship program.
• Physiotherapy Research– Ongoing.
• In the Process – Planned to start the first batch of Bachelor in Physiotherapy (BPT) Degree course with a duration of 4 years & 6 months rotatory internship following Subject to approval from the Nagaland University.