The Health Caregiver course is a short course organized at the Christian Institute of Health Sciences & Research (CIHSR) Dimapur.
The course aims to develop trained Health Caregivers who are equipped with the knowledge and practical skills to care for the frail, elderly, ill, and patients with debilitating diseases at home.
Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical skills essential in providing basic health care:
- Checking vital parameters: Temperature, Pulse, Blood Pressure, Respiration, weight, BMI
- Assist in Activities of Daily Living such as feeding, personal hygiene, elimination, ambulation
- Administer Oral Medications under the supervision
- Wound care- dressing and bandaging
- Nebulization and steam inhalation
- Checking random blood sugar by glucometer
- Prevention of bedsore
- Infection prevention measures
- Fall prevention
- Companionship with the elderly
Placement at patient’s homes for care, jobs in Old-age homes, jobs in health agencies in Nagaland
For Enquiries contact:
Who can apply:
Anyone (male or female) who has a passion for taking care of the elderly or sick at their home, with a minimum qualification of Class 10 and age between 17 to 35 years of age.
Five months (3 months’ intensive theory and practical class and 2 months of internship in the hospital)
8 am to 4:30 pm, above 80 % attendance required (shift duties during internship)
Students have to arrange their own accommodation.
Course fee: Rs. 8850/- Including GST.
At the end of the course, the students will get the certificate from IIE after the successful completion of the final assessment.