- Diplomate of National Board (DNB)
- Master in Medicine (M.MED) in Family Medicine
Dr Jacob Chacko (Academic Coordinator)
Postgraduate Training Programs
⚬ Diplomate of National Board (DNB)
CIHSR runs 3 postgraduate specialty courses initiated by the National Board of examinations (NBE), New Delhi. This is the only institute in the state to have the privilege to conduct recognized postgraduate training programs.
The primary objective of NBE is to improve the quality of medical education by establishing standards and elevating the level of post graduate examinations in modern medicine across India. The Board conducts postgraduate and postdoctoral examinations in 54 disciplines.
The NBE adheres to strict guidelines, conducts periodic inspections and closely monitors a variety of aspects concerning the DNB programs. At CIHSR, we not only impart quality training but also teach ethical practices.
Course Duration: 3 Years
No. of Seats:
- Family Medicine (2 seats per year)
- Internal medicine (2 seats per year)
- General surgery (2 seats per year)
⚬ Master in Medicine (M.MED) in Family Medicine
There are close to 2,50,000 General Practitioners (GP) in India who have no access to postgraduate education. As there is no mandated continuous education for physicians, most of the GP’s do not make much effort to remain up-to-date with the developments in the medical education. The lack of continuous updating of the knowledge and skills by GP’s has led to a situation where there are excessive referrals because of the lack of confidence in handling cases even with the slightest complication. Many patients, therefore, end up visiting multi-specialty hospitals where the health care costs are very high. No wonder, in a World Bank study done in the year 2004, it was found that health costs were responsible for drowning many below the poverty line!
This certificate course is an initiative of CMC Vellore and is affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University Chennai.
CIHSR is the only center in the North eastern region in India that is recognized as a contact center to conduct this course.
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree
- Candidates must possess a valid MCI / State Medical Council registration
- The course is open to Indian Citizens currently residing in India only
- The course is open only to doctors who are currently in active clinical practice
Entrance Exam: YES
Course Duration: 2 Years
Course Fees: Rs. 76,500
No. of Seats: 100
- 100 Self Learning Modules
- 60 Video Lectures
- 33 days of contact programs – Hands on training for developing Core Clinical Skills
- 100 Assignments to be worked-through and submitted
- Project Work
- Mandatory 1 month Residency for Skills Training
- Online discussion forums
- Work-based assessments by local mentors