General OPD Timing:
Did you know?
Physiotherapy department is manned by a team of 2 physiotherapists, which offers a wide array of inpatient and outpatient services. The department focuses on rehabilitating people living with Physical, Neurological & Orthopedical impairments, to maintain and restore their maximum independence in mobility and to help achieve functional abilities for day to day activities.
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation – Back pain with Sciatica, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Fibromyalgia, Ankylosing spondylosis, Prolapsed inter vertebral disc (PIVD), frozen shoulder, Sprain, Strain, Tendinitis, Fasciitis, Bursitis , Postural deformities such as scoliosis/kyphosis/lordosis, Post Fracture rehabilitation, Pre & Post Hip & knee replacement rehabilitation, Pre & Post Amputation rehabilitation, Peripheral nerve injury and Post polio residual paralysis.
- Neurological Rehabilitation – Stroke (Hemiplegia), SCI ( Paraplegia & Quadriplegia), Head injury (TBI), Parkinson’s Disease, Motor neuron Disease, Multiple sclerosis, Transverse myelitis ,Cerebellar ataxia, Peripheral Neuropathy & Facial paralysis.
- Pediatric Rehabilitation – Cerebral Palsy, Delayed Developmental Milestone, Erb’s palsy & Myopathy.
- Burn Rehabilitation – Prevention of Post Burn contractures and Deformities.
- Hand Rehabilitation – To improve functionality of Hands.
- Pain Management – Pain Associated with Neuro Musculo Skeletal disorders and Sports injuries are treated by different modalities known as Electrotherapy and by various types of Exercise therapy & Manual therapy.
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation – Treats range of sports related injuries and rehabilitate the athlete after an injury or a surgery to prevent further injury.
- Ante-Natal And Post-Natal Care For The Mother.
- Ergonomics Education To Prevent Work Related Injuries.
- Chest physiotherapy as part of critical care in ICU s & high dependency units in the wards.
Physiotherapy unit has various modalities and a well equiped exercise therapy unit for all kinds of rehabilitation.
- Electrotherapy – Management of Pain cause by Neuro-musculo-skeletal disorders using electrical modalities such as:
- Short wave diathermy
- Ultrasound therapy
- Interferential therapy
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation
- Neuromuscular electrical stimulation
- Electronic cervical and lumbar traction
- Infra red lamp
- Hydro collator moist heat
- Wax therapy
- Therapeutic exercise therapy
- Motorized treadmill and Body weight supported treadmill training (BWSTT) for patients with Stroke, SCI & CP
- Motorized tilt table
- Stationary bicycle
- Graded Strengthening and Endurance exercises, Mobilization exercise, ROM & Stretching exercise, Mat activities for functional re education, Balance board exercise, Gymnasium ball for mobility, balance & strengthening exercises
- Shoulder wheel and overhead pulley for shoulder mobilization exercise
- Standing frame for adults with Stroke, SCI etc. and children with Cerebral palsy
- Walking (Gait) training in parallel bar and using walking aids or assistive devices such as crutches, canes, quadripods & splints like KAFO, AFO and artificial limbs(prosthesis)
- Wheelchair skill training
- Domiciliary / home based care – the department visits homes of patients with the Palliative Care Team to consult and educate patients on various architectural modifications and adaptations required to make their house disabled-friendly.
- Community physiotherapy – Community visits with the team of Community Medicine Doctors, Nurses and Social Worker to identify physical problems and provide rehabilitative measures accordingly.
- Wheelchair service delivery – Wheelchair service and user training are provided for children and adult patients requiring wheelchair, tricycle and cerebral palsy wheelchairs.
- Academic – Teaching basic physiotherapy techniques to staff and student Nurses.