The Institutional Review Board (Ethics and research committee) was set up in 2014 to over look all the research activities of the institute.
The IRB reviews all research proposals to ensure that all studies are scientifically and ethically sound. They also monitor approved programmes to foresee the compliance of the ethics during the period of the project/study.
Role of the IRB
- Ensure a competent review of all ethical aspects of the project proposals received and execute the same free from any bias and influence that could affect their objectivity.
- Review of research proposal prior to starting
- Monitoring of process of study
Responsibilities of the IRB
- To protect the dignity, rights and well being of the potential research participants.
- To ensure that universal ethical values and international scientific standards are expressed in terms of local community values and customs
- To assist in the development and the education of a research community responsive to local health care requirements
Members of the IRB (Ethics and research committee)
ETHICS COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|1||Dr. Samuel Wati Walling (NIT)||Chairperson|
|2||Mr. Zhasa Vupru||Member, Lawyer|
|3||Dr. Moa Imsong (DABA)||Member, Church / theologian|
|4||Mr. Atsung (Chaplain-CIHSR)||Member, Church/ theologian|
|5||Mr. Cho (OTS)||Member, Lay|
|6||Fr. C P Anto (NGO)||Member, Social scientist|
|7||Dr. Abraham Joseph (CMC)||Clinician – Other institutes|
|8||Dr. Sao Tunyi (NPCDCS)||Clinician – Other institutes|
|9||Mr. K Panmei||Basic Medical Science|
|10||Dr. Rohan Michael Ramesh||Member – Secretary|
RESEARCH COMMITTEE MEMBERS
|1||Dr. Sedevi Angami||Director, CIHSR|
|2||Dr. Clement Momin||Medical Superintendent, CIHSR|
|3||Dr. Leishiwon Kumrah||Consultant, CIHSR|
|4||Dr. Sulanthung Kikon||Consultant, CIHSR|
|5||Dr.Christy Simpson||Principal, CoN-CIHSR|
|6||Mrs. Emi Humtsoe||Research Incharge CoN-CIHSR|
|7||Dr. Gagandeep Kang (External)||CMC -Vellore|
|8||Dr. Jacob Puliyel (External)||St. Stephens Hospital , Delhi|